Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 4: Lower Body-Strength

Movement Prep/Warm-up:

0a     Samson Lunge [1-5-1]                   3, 3, 3
0b     Cossack w/weight                          5, 5, 5
-done with 8kg KB. These felt amazing, need to do more of them. Felt like someone was cracking open my pelvis. Challenging enough at this weight and tempo, just getting into position is fun times for me.
0c     Wall Squats      [2-3-2]                   10, 8, 6  
0d     Hip Mob.                                       20s, 30s, 30s            

Training:
1a     Dead-lift          10// 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
-10x40 kg, 5x70kg, 5x80kg, 5x85kg, 5x90kg, 5x95kg
-Man, been a long time since I did deads. Eventhough I still have a frozen-ass spine it is definitely less than when I was in the haydays of Xfit. Probably explains why I used to be able to pull 5x130kg. Really focused on form, straight back, retracted scaps.
1b     Bow Hang       10s…
- Yup these were hard, but I'm getting better.

2a     Lunge [1-3-1]                 12, 12, 12
-Done with 20 kg KBs in each hand. Tempo made these really challenging
2b     Lateral Lunge  [1-3-1]    12, 12, 12
-Thought I knew what these were, but turned out that my idea was just a Cossack. So I did those anyways, as I really enjoyed them in the warm up. Did first two sets at 8 kg and the last at 12 kg (onlyi managed 11 reps)

Cool-Down
3a     Stretch:
Adductors, Calves, IT/Glutes, Glutes/QLs, Glutes, Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Quads   

Notes
-Did this on Saturday, today is Monday and I am fucking sore. My hamstrings + glutes are ready to explode. Really good workout.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, glad to hear the whole thing went relatively well. Assuming things felt good on all the lifts, we'll assume that you have decent form.

    ReplyDelete